The Guild is currently seeking individuals in the community who are interested in the literary arts to consider joining our Board. If you would like to discuss our Board activities and a position, please e-mail us at email@example.com, or come to a Sunday Salon gathering and talk to one of our current Board members.
The Healdsburg Literary Guild is issuing an Open Call for LOVE Poems for its annual Poetry Valentine reading to be held Wednesday, February 10, 2016.
The selected poems will be published in a chapbook to be readied for the event.
- Theme: love poem of any kind for anyone or anything.
- Poem length: must fit on one page of chapbook in which it will appear; limit 32 lines including verse-separations. The chapbook page size is 5.5” x 8.5”. The useful space for poems is 4.50” x 6.75”. Plan accordingly.
- Up to two (2) unpublished poems may be submitted, but only one poem per author will be selected by a blind judging process. Twenty-one (21) poems will be published in the chapbook.
- All poems must be submitted electronically, one poem per page, in Word Document, Times New Roman 12 pt., including title but NO identifying information. On separate page, include author’s name, e-mail address, phone number, and title of poem[s]. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org: deadline January 4, 2016.
- Author must be present to read the poem at the annual Poetry Valentine event on February 10, 2016, at the Healdsburg Library, 139 Piper Street, Healdsburg, CA 95448, 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
- All proceeds from chapbook sales, a publication of the Guild, will go to the Guild. Authors will receive one complimentary copy. Authors retain rights to their poems.
- Submission deadline January 4, 2016.
2015 THIRD SUNDAY SALON SCHEDULE & OTHER EVENTS
Bean Affair Coffee Shop, 1270 Healdsburg Avenue—1:30–3:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted)
December 20, 2015 – THIRD SUNDAY SALON
Come celebrate the end of 2015 with a special afternoon dedicated to open mic readings at the Healdsburg Literary Guild’s Third Sunday Salon. The usual three minute time limit is extended to five minutes for this event, so bring out your longer pieces! We’d love to hear what you’ve been working on!
Free and open to the public. Open mic sign-ups begin at 1 p.m.